Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Cookouts!

I absolutely love "entertaining" at our house! Having people over for food and fun times is one of my favorite parts of the summer! About a week ago, Matt asked me if we could have over a few of the guys that he works with at the fire deparment and their families. Well of course I said YES!! By the time Friday rolled around, a few had turned in to "a lot" of guys from the department. By Saturday morning, I was informed that we would have a blow up waterslide set up out back. One of the guys owns some inflatables and he had to go pick up the waterslide before he came over to our house. Why let a good inflatable waterslide just sit on the back of a trailer, when it could be put to good use, especially when you have a bunch of grown firefighters who act like kids around! If you have ever been to our house you know that we live in a townhome and have very little "yard" so it was quiet interesting seeing this HUGE waterslide out behind our house. The thing was taller than our deck!!

Before the cookout, Matt took a few of the guys to his fishing spot on the Hooch to do a little trout fishing. They only lasted about 2 hours in the FREEZING cold water, but we did see 4 IDIOTS jump into the river from the TOP rails of the bridge that goes over the river. At least there were 4 EMT's on site to help the morons! Luckily, they judged their jump accurately and did not get hurt! I was so nervous seeing them jump though! I do have to say though, I was a little disappointed that I didn't have my camera out to catch an "action" shot of their stupidity! It would have made a cool picture!

I was glad to finally be able to put a face with all of the names that Matt comes home talking about and is always on the phone with. This group of guys have done some serious bonding over the past 6 months. I am sure that their bond will only grow stronger as they head to into the fire academy next month. Everyone was so much fun to get to know and hang out with last night! I am sure that we will be hosting more "firefighter" parties in the future.

This is a picture that I took last week when we were there, but this is the bridge that the idiots were jumping off of. They climbed all the way up to the very top to jump!

Casey, one of the guys caught the only fish. He gave it to Jacob so he could take care of it. We ended up releasing it because Jacob said he really didn't want it to die.



Casey and Drew braving the freezing water!



Jacob was not about to get in that water, so his dad Charles came the rescue!




I love black and white pictures!


Matt, Drew, and Casey




This picture just cracks me up. Casey looks like a giant!

I absolutely love black and white landscape photo's. I want to get 8 X 10's of some of my black and white landscape pics to hang in our house. I just haven't taken the time to do it yet. Jacob still didn't want to get in the water!
What a doll!
Here is just a small portion of the group watching people come down the waterslide.

Jacob loved it! He was the only kid on it.
You can see the deck railing in this picture, so you can tell just how big this slide was!

Matt playing with Reese.
Scott and Reese

Harley and Tiger were exhausted this morning after all of the excitement from last night! As always, they were a huge hit!


No comments: