Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The wedding was a SUCCESS!!!



I know all of you blog followers have been sitting on the edge of your seat wondering how my first wedding shoot went! Well, in my opinion, it was a HUGE success! I typically get pictures uploaded to the blog, facebook, and my website within 24 hours, but this was not my typical amount of pictures! In the 3 hours that I was there, I took over 800 pictures. I am just waiting for my computer to crash from the amount of pictures that I have uploaded!! I was asked to photograph the wedding in 2 formats, jpeg and RAW. RAW picture files are about 5 times larger than regular jpeg files, therefore they take about 5 times as long to upload and 5 times as much "space" on your computer! I am downloading all of the pictures from the wedding onto CD's so the bride and groom can take them to get prints made. Since the files are so stinking big, I can only fit about 30-40 pictures per CD. You do the math. 800 pictures and only 40 pictures fit onto a disc...that is about 20 CD's!!! There has got to be a better way of doing this, but I am just going to stick with what I know for now!

The biggest challange during the ceremony was that NONE of it was in English!! The entire ceremony was in Spanish. It was also a traditional Catholic Mass. I grew up in a Southern Baptist Church, so I do not know the order of a traditional Catholic Mass Wedding. Since the entire ceremony was in Spanish, I had NO idea what was going on! I just kept snapping pictures, hoping that I did not miss a "key" part of the ceremony. Another challenge was that the ceremony was held in a small chapel, so there was not a place for me to stand where people were not looking right at me. I was not able to get at the "back" of the church to take pictures, because there was no back!

Here are some of my absolute favorites from the night.

















2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Great job, Kim! Do you have a DVD burner on your computer? If so, I know they hold more pictures, but I have no idea how much. It sounds like you are really enjoying yourself, and the pictures are great!

Jason and Pamela said...

You did great! You have a natural talent!! Do you shoot in automatic or manual settings? Which ever one they are great!