Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 18, 2009

We've had a lot going on!

This past week was my last week of summer school! Now it is officially time to be sad about summer coming to an end! Only 2 weeks left until we go back to work! Matt and I have been really busy these past 2 weeks! Here's just a little of what we have been up to!

NO BOAT = NO LAKE PICTURES! In case you haven't noticed, we haven't had any pictures of our exciting adventures on the lake this summer....that's because we don't have our boat to create these exciting adventures with anymore! SAD TIMES!!! We have really missed having the boat and have had to find new ways to entertain ourselves. The past 2 summers, we have practically lived on Lake Lanier! We would go out early in the morning and stay out until after dark!

Oh Lake Lanier, how we miss you! I hope out little "Bay Bay" (the Bayliner) forgives us for getting rid of her! Ever heard the country song "Redneck Yacht Club"? That was our summer anthem the past 2 summers, so that song also makes us really sad when we hear it on the radio now!

Okay, enough being depressed about not having a boat!

Here we are, taking the dogs to watch the water release from Buford Dam. It wasn't really as exciting to watch as I had hoped! You just hear a horn blast really loud, then all the sudden the water starts to rise. I guess I was hoping for a waterfall or for water to start gushing violently out of the dam. Yeah, that doesn't happen!




Check out the Dorminy's family pet! This deer hangs out around Matt's parents house in Dunwoody all the time! She is not afraid of people and will just walk right up while everyone is out in the yard!

Random, I know! I just had to take a picture when I saw this on back of a car the other day! I am not sharing my opinion on homeschooling, I just thought that it was funny!

Matt's sister, Haley, and her boys Owen and Cooper flew in town from Park City, Utah this past week. We haven't seen them since Christmas, so it was so good to see them again! The boys are getting so big!! We also celebrated Cooper's 3rd birthday while they were here!


Little Owen is getting so big!

I love seeing the kids together! They had so much fun having water gun wars!




Cooper enjoying his birthday cupcakes!

"Way to go Cooper!" Look at him jumping off the big rock!

Who ever thought you could have a garden growing in a townhome community? We're giving it a shot this summer. We have tomatoes, parsley, cilantro, bananna peppers, and bell peppers growing now!

Our first hot pepper!


I planted this rose back in May from a clipping someone at work brought me. I had no idea that you could grow roses simply by planting a twig from another rose, but this one has taken off!

Just another shot from our flower garden! I love summer flowers!

What an action shot!

Look at how long Tiger is!

A good old fashioned game of "Tug-of-War." For the record, Tiger was the winner!


Hopefully we will have some more excitement in the next 2 weeks to share before school starts back!

1 comment:

Josh and Donna said...

great update! loved that bumper sticker, i laughed out loud!