Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane

One of the things on my "To Do" list was to go back to Athens for a visit. We went today and I LOVED every minute of it! I absolutely love this town and would love to move back there for a few more years! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day.

This is where Matt and I first met, almost exactly 8 years ago!! I was working as a leasing agent and Matt was moving in. I will never forget this "redneck" looking country boy came in to get his keys and turn in his move-in packet. Inside that packet was a "Get to know me better" form that Matt had filled out. After the busy day ended, I dug through the stack of packets to find the one that this country boy, Matt Dorminy, had turned in. I was STUNNED to find out that he was a city boy from Dunwoody!! I often referred back to that form to find out what he was interested in, so I could start up a conversation with him when I ran into him. The rest is history!


"The Tree That Owns Itself" This tree is a historical landmark in Athens! It is right in the middle of a street!

Creswell Hall....the first dorm that I lived in when I moved to Athens!

The notorious Arches


I am really glad that they are rebuilding The Georgia Theatre!

Sanford Stadium....it won't be many more Saturdays until this is a lively place again!!!


These are just a few of the many places that we visited! I LOVE ATHENS!

No comments: