Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our "Stay"cation









We just got back from camping on Lake Lanier for the past 3 nights (and yes, those are camo sheets!!) Matt and I LOVE to camp and it is a super cheap get away! Camping with us is always eventful! Within the first hour that we were there, Matt had already gotten to practice his fire fighting skills. Matt placed tiki torches around the tent pad and lit them. As I was unpacking, I hear Matt yell "FIRE!!" By the time I got to him he had already broken his shovel in half because he was pounding the ground trying to put the fire out. As I started pouring water on the fire, Matt was yelling "Move the cars! It's spreading fast!" The fire investigator (Matt) found the origin of the fire quickly after it was put out. One of the tiki torches had leaned over and started leaking oil and the fire followed the oil down to the ground. It was amazing how fast it did spread as dry as it was! Luckily, we got it put out pretty fast and it didn't burn any of our camping gear!! The rest of our trip wasn't that eventful, but we had a great time! Matt spent a lot of time fishing and I spent a lot of time reading. A big thunderstorm came Saturday night, but our old faithful tent kept us dry!


3 comments:

Cathy D said...

I can't believe Harley likes watermelon. That is my kind of dog. And, Tiger looks very regal in that picture. Good job with the firefighting. You might consider going into the arson investigation unit. I'm glad ya'll had fun!!

Josh and Donna said...

how fun! we love camping too!

Unknown said...

That is scary, but HILARIOUS!!