Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hi, my name is Kim and I am an addict!


Like many of you, I am ADDICTED to PINTEREST! I usually tend to scroll through the thousands of cool and unique ideas during those middle of the night feedings and "repin" away! There are so many amazing recipes, crafts, and ideas that I wish I could try!! Pinterest can bring out the creative and crafty side of anybody.

A couple of my favorite crafts that I made from there include the wreath the I made for our door when Raegan was born (which I have not transformed into a Valentine's wreath) and the canvas prints that I made for my mom for Christmas. I made an 8x10 canvas of each of the grandkids and am going to make her a 16x20 of all of them once we can find time to get everyone together. When I bought her canvas, I also bought a couple of extras to make for myself! I have also learned how to make a scarf out of an old t-shirt and got the idea for Raegan's weekly pictures from Pinterest! I would like to thank the mastermind behind that website!!! I LOVE IT!

Here is the process of making the canvas:

Materials:
Photograph same size as canvas
Canvas
Acrylic Paint
Mod Podge
Sponge Brushes

First paint all the sides of the canvas. I covered the edges of the canvases that I made for my mom with some cute scrapbook paper, but decided that since this one is so large (16x20) that I would just pain the sides.
Once the paint dries, cover the entire canvas with Mod Podge and then lay your photo on top and gently press it down to glue it in place.
Once the photo is glued to the canvas brush more Mod Podge over the entire surface of the photo. I just poured the Mod Podge onto the photo since it was such a large surface. For the 8X10's I poured the Mod Podge on a paper plate.
This is about the point where your heart starts beating fast and you ask yourself why you ruined a perfectly good 16X20 photo!

About 20 minutes later.... you can see the Mod Podge is drying!
Finished product!

I plan on making several more of these and covering a wall with all of them!!! So much cheaper than framing!!!

Probably my favorite Pinterest idea was to take a picture of Raegan every week for 1 year on a different piece of fabric. I am actually taking one of her in the weekly onesie and another picture of her with the wooden "R." I thought her laying next to the "R" would truly show just how much she has grown each week! At the end of the year, I am hoping to make (or have someone make) a quilt using all of the different fabric. I have also already started a shutterfly book of all of her "weekly" and "monthly" pictures. I am documenting all of her milestones and "stats" in that shutterfly book!! It's already super cute and we are only 6 weeks in!! Let's just hope that once I go back to work I can keep up with the weekly pictures! Here are just a few of those pics:

Is it bad that I absolutely love her face in this picture??



Can you tell how much she has already grown?? Her personality is really coming out in the past few days!!! Tomorrow will be our 7 week picture....the fabric is already laid out and ironed!!

Here are some of my other Pinterest creations!

T-shirt turned into a scarf! I made quite a few of these during my "nesting" phase before Rae was born!
Baby blanket made out of material that matches Rae's diaper bag that I bought of Etsy!

Wreath announcing Raegan's arrival.

Same wreath transformed into a Valentine's Day wreath!


Happy crafting!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I, too, am addicted! If I only had more time......