Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another year has come to an end!

I can't believe that summer is here!! I had to say good-bye to 11 of my 5th grade students today and it was a lot harder than I had expected it to be! I have been with most of these kids for the past 3 years. They have really grown up since 3rd grade. Some of them have actually matured over the past 3 years too :>)! I teared up this afternoon when I said my good-byes to them. One of my boys has had a really rough time these past 2 weeks and when I asked him what whas going on, he replied by saying "I'm just so confused. How can I feel so happy about school ending, but so sad about it at the same time?" There will be no more World War II boy stories, no more Beatles stories, and no more "But Mrs. Dorminy, I have a plan for that" stories. I have truly loved each and everyone of these students and it is sad to see them move on to middle school. I know that I have a whole new group of kids to fall in love with this year, but this group has impacted my life forever! You really become attached to a group of kids when you work with them 30-40 hours a week for 3 entire years! Now don't get me wrong, there were days when I thought I would pull my hair out, but overall they made me smile and laugh each and every day!

One of my parents made me this quilt to remember my "Class of 2010" by. It made me cry when I opened it! I absolutely love it and will treasure it forever. The puzzle piece is the "symbol" for Autism. She backed the quilt with puzzle piece fabric and on the front, each puzzle piece has the name of my 5th graders on it. In the middle she wrote me the sweetest letter. I will treasure this forever!