Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2009

On the road again...

Matt and I have trouble sitting still. This is usually a problem since we try to stay on a tight budget, but we do what we can to have fun! We loaded up the camper, which we have named "Ol Faithful", and headed to Lake Lanier on Wednesday. The campgrounds are booked way in advance for the weekends in the summer, but getting a spot at such short notice during the week was no problem. We got the best site in the entire campground in my opinion. It was one of those sites that you drive past and say "What a PERFECT campsite! We will have to try to get that one next time we come!" (If you are a camper, you know exactly what I am talking about!) This was a fun trip, but it was a wet one! We got to the campground around lunch on Wednesday and spent the afternoon with mom and Kale watching the sailboats congregate on the lake, grilling out dinner, and mapping out Kales classes for his first semester of college. Then Wednesday night we endured one the worst wind storms I have ever been in. It may have only seemed so bad because we were sleeping under a roof made of canvas, but nonetheless, I was determined that we were going to blow right into the lake. The lightening was really bad too, but not too much rain. The rain decided to hold off until Thursday night. Holy cow!! It poured!! Just to give you an idea of how much it rained, we had an empty dish pan sitting on the picnic table. When we got up Friday morning, it was FULL! All I could think about Friday after we went to bed was how mad Matt was going to be if I had to use the bathroom, and of course the more you think about it the more you have to go. Luckily, I was able to put those thoughts aside and did not have to go out in the downpour! The weather on this trip is the reason that I decided our pop-up should be named "Ol Faithful!"


Just a couple of the hundred sailboats that we saw on the lake Wednesday night. I think they were having a Wednesday night Sailboat club church service on the lake!

This bench was on our campsite. It was a perfect place to sit back and enjoy the scenary around you (when it wasn't raining!)


Harley was trying to stay out of the rain!



The white dish pan in the middle of the table is the one that filled up during the down pour Thursday night!

Thanks to MacKenzie, I had a very long book with me since I spent so much time in the camper trying to stay dry! I am over half way finished with the 4th book of the Twilight series now thanks to all the rain!

The perfect roasted marshmellow!


The dogs were ready to get home!!

No comments: