Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Summer time is almost here....

I am super excited that summer is almost here! We have 3 more days with the kids and then 3 work days (all of which I am sure will be more than crazy!) I absolutely love my job and the kids in my class, but I am always ready for a break. I get two weeks off, then I start summer school.


These are just 5 of the 13 boys that keep my laughing and on my toes each and every day. Maybe next year, I will try to post a quote of the day from some of my boys.

Here are a few conversations/quotes I have gotten from some of my boys over the past five years:
Student:"Mrs. Dorminy, I won't be at school tomorrow. My mom is taking me to the Marcus Center to find out if I am autistic."
Me: "Great, let me know how that goes."
Student: The following day walks in class and gives me a thumbs up and says "Yep, I am definitely autistic."
The next day, the student was walking down the hallway wildly flapping his arms by his side.
Me: "What in the world are you doing with your arms??"
Student: "Well, I heard that autistic kids flap."

Scenario: Sitting in classroom waiting on busses. Matt had came early to visit.
Student: "Mr. Matt, your girlfriend (talking about me) is over there carrying that heavy box and you are just sitting there."
Another student: "Mrs. Dorminy, if Mr. Matt has a girlfriend, I will go get you my twenty-two shotgun."

Scenario: Sitting in classroom waiting on busses.
Me: "You better make sure you are watching for you bus, because if you miss it, you will have to come to my house and help me walk the dogs and clean the house.
Student: "What's for dinner?"

Scenario: My parapro and I were having to restrain a child because of his behaviors.
Me: "Once you stop kicking and screaming, I will let go of you."
Student: "YOU ARE HURTING MY FIBULA!"

These are just a couple of examples of the laughs that I get every single day of the week. I love my kids and I love my job!

4 comments:

Rando and Amanda said...

I am cracking up over these! Too funny!

Josh and Donna said...

that is so funny! i'm thankful the Lord placed this calling on your heart, it's so refreshing to know a teacher that truly loves her very challenging job!

Amy said...

Too FUNNY - I can totally relate. My first year teaching...

Me (to my para): I am taking my dog to get her fixed this weekend.

Student: What is wrong with your dog? She got broke down?

Unknown said...

Man, I miss having these conversations!