Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Day at "The Land"


Matt's family has land in Oglethorpe County. When we were in college, we used to visit the land 2 or 3 times every week to fish and explore the trails. Now we only make it up there 2 or 3 times a year. We headed up there today with the dogs, Kale, and his girlfriend, Megan. We fished for a while, but then a storm came so we had to run for cover. As we were getting the boat to the side of the pond, I tried to step out onto the ground, but as I stepped, I pushed the boat back into the water and fell into the pond. I was soaked from my waist down but was able to pull myself back into the boat. Then I tried it a second time, and fell into the water again...this time all the way up to my head! I just crawled out of the pond that time. By then, the rain was pouring down so we headed into the cabin to wait it out. Finally we thought it was finished, so we headed back out. Just as we got the boats back into the water, the rain started coming down again. We had a great time though. After we finished fishing, we took the golf carts out to explore. Here are some pictures and video of our fun at "The Land."



Harley and Tiger are absolutely obsessed with the golf carts. Once they see them, they do not want to get off of them!


Hanging out at the river.




I caught the first fish of the day!


After I fell into the pond, I turned the heater in the bathroom on full blast with hopes that my clothes would dry out. It didn't work as quickly as I had hoped!


This was the 2nd time we went out, when the thought the rain was finished. Obviously it wasn't!


Tiger watched us fish from inside the cabin.



Kale and Megan got stuck riding with Harley.




Matt was thrilled that I caught this big catch on video!


A little video safari ride through the woods.


Bet you can't guess who made this video...weather man Matt! He loves videoing storms and rain!!!

1 comment:

Josh and Donna said...

kale is not old enough to have a girlfriend. that means we're old!