Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

In the spirit of Valentine's Day.....

I thought I would take a moment to share the most romantic thing Matt has ever done for me. He really is quite the romantic type (in case you didn't know that about him). The most romantic thing he has ever done though was back when we were first dating. We had only been dating for about 8 or 9 months. I was student teaching at Oglethorpe County Middle School, which was only about 10 minutes from Matt's families land. I had planned to meet Matt at the land for an afternoon of fishing and exploring after I got out of school. Around 3:00, I got in my car and headed out to meet him. Once I got there, Matt had the golf cart waiting and told me to hop on. I didn't think anything of it, because we took numerous golf cart rides every time we were at the land. As we were driving along one of the trails, I spotted a single rose laying on the ground. Matt stopped and told me to grab it. We continued along the trail and a little while later, there was a Bath and Body Works goodie bag sitting on the trail. As the golf cart ride continued, I collected a few more flowers, a stuffed animal, and purple piggy bank that said "Queen's Funds" on the side of it, and some other little things. Overall, I had a ton of surprises! Matt told me that there was one more gift for me and he stopped in front a tree that had a red ribbon tied around it. The ribbon was holding a blue velvet box. I almost fainted right there. I could not believe that he was proposing so quickly. I had known since our first date that we were going to get married, but I didn't expect him to be proposing out in the middle of the woods. He saw that shock on my face and quickly assured me that it was not what I had thought in the box. It was a ring, but not a diamond ring. Inside the box was a beautiful saphire ring. It was the most incredible date ever! We then went back to the cabin where Matt cooked me an incredible dinner of dove and quail. That last sentence really made us sound like rednecks! But that is what we always eat when we go to Oglethorpe County!

Now it is your turn, blog about your most romantic date/moment with your significant other!




Here are a couple of pictures of us at the land taken in our early days!