Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's finally FALL!

I am sure by now, ya'll are beginning to think that all we do on the weekends is go camping. Well, you are pretty much right! Going camping makes us slow down and relax. Matt started watching the weather early in the week and saw that it was going to be FALL like weather, so we booked a campsite! Friday night we sat by the campfire and ate Brunswick stew for dinner, then went to bed around 9:30. After breakfast (which is our favorite camping meal) Saturday morning, we went back in the camper and played cards with the heater at our feet! It was AWESOME that we actually needed the heater! After a game of cards, I sat outside by the fire and finished Marley: A dog like no other. I was crying like a baby when I finished the book. What a site; me sitting at the campfire reading a book while bawling my eyes out!!!!
Later in the day, Kerri, Karson, and Kamden came to visit. Kylie had gone to the Georgia/Vandy game with Aaron, so Kerri and the boys had a day out.

The dogs always enjoy themselves while we are out in the great outdoors! Maybe once we have kids, I won't post so many pictures of our dogs, but that is all we have to offer right now :>)

I have posted before that Matt enjoys playing with the campfire. Well, we don't ever take our own firewood with us. We go out and find it! We've become friends with the old couple that is the campground host, so Friday night they gave us some wood to get by. But on Saturday, we set out on a quest to find our own. When we returned from our quest, my Jeep looked like this:
Yes, that is an ENTIRE TREE hanging out of my car! We got some looks as we drove back to our site! Oh well, that is what camping is all about!






Harley was really stressed out on the ride home because he didn't have a whole lot of room in back of the Jeep. Then once we got him home, we discovered a HUGE lump on his neck. The hair has fallen out all around it and the lump is really pussy. Not sure what that is, but I will keep you posted!

Anybody have an idea of what it could be?




There are a couple more new posts below! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Cathy D said...

I like the new background. Poor Harley...I hope his lump goes away.