Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

So much has been going on....

The Dorminy house has been INCREDIBLY busy this past month! It always seems like fall is the busiest time of the year for us and this year has been no different. I started back to school 4 weeks ago! Hard to believe that this week is our "mid-term"!!!! It is crazy how fast time goes by! Matt is still enjoying his training down at the Fire Academy. He is counting down the days until graduation though (there is 40 something left right now)! He has sustained a few injuries these past few weeks from the intense training. I am mad at myself for not taking a picture on his first injury, but it is almost healed now. Their recruit class was "working" the training course for a new group of people that were trying to get hired. He was standing on the 4th floor at the station where the hopeful recruits had to pull a rope that had 70 pounds of fire hose tied to it. Matt's job was to slowly lower the rope and hose back down to the ground once they pulled it up. There was a guy from Matt's class standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting to catch the rope and set it back up. One of the people decided to just quit and let the rope and hose fall back to the ground. Matt knew that someone was standing below it and that he had to stop it before it hit them. He grabbed the rope, which wrapped around his wrist (just above his glove). He said that he knew it was a bad rope burn when he saw smoke coming off of his arm. The guy from his class that was standing with him said he could smell the flesh burning! NASTY!!! He will have a very nice scar from that injury! I have been incredibly busy at Sugar Hill as well as with my graduate class. As I said in my earlier post, I go to class in Tennessee 1 Saturday a month for the next year. This month, my homework was to read 3 1/2 books! I have been spending a lot of my evenings with my nose stuck inside a book!!! In other exciting news......I was voted Sugar Hill Elementary's Teacher of The Year!! The announced it last Friday morning at our staff breakfast. I was so excited and honored!! I could not do my job without all of the wonderful regular education teachers that I do inclusion with, so they are the ones that deserve the recognition!!!



A random picture of Harley's "Junk in the trunk"

My "Teacher of the Year" flowers!




I will try to do better and post more often! Things are just so busy that I don't have time to do anything!!!!




1 comment:

Jason and Pamela said...

Congrats!!! That is awesome!