Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Every Dog Has Its Day

And yesterday was Harely and Tiger's. I know that if any of your "babies" were having surgery, you would be blogging out it and so am I. Matt dropped Harley and Tiger off at the vet yesterday morning to have them fixed. Matt was so upset, you would have thought that we were taking them to put them to sleep forever! He was not very pleasant yesterday morning, to say the least. Well, they survived their surgery just fine and now carry a little lighter load in the back (if you catch my drift!). Once we got them home, Tiger started vomiting. Between 6:00 yesterday and 10:00 this morning he threw up 7 times) . Needless to say, Matt has been cleaning carpet most of the afternoon! We took him back to the vet and they gave him a shot to help stop the vomiting and injected an IV to give him some fluids. When they brought him back to us, he had these 2 camel humps on his back. It was really funny looking. The vet said that the fluids built up under his skin and that the humps would go away within 6 hours. When he walked, you could see the fluids swishing back and forth on his back. It was quite humerous. The vet also gave us some pills to help with the inflamation so when we got home, I mixed it with some food and he managed to eat all of the food and refused to eat the pill. I tried to put the pill in cheese and peanut butter, but he would not take it. Stubborn dog! They are resting well now and will be back in action soon!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Kim! I can not even imagine!! Micah has yet to throw up (knock on wood), and I pray that I NEVER have to be the one to clean it up! I hate the smell, it makes me throw up too....Nothing's worse, other than that NASTY pine stuff they put on it to dry it in schools! Anyway, I hope that life returns to normal for you again soon!~

Jerome, Laura, Peyton and Max said...

Poor babies. I'm glad they survived. :)