Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

More crummy luck.......

Earlier in the summer, I blogged about all of the crummy luck that Matt and I have. Well, the cloud of doom is still following us. Last week we got rid of Matt's truck and are now trying to find him a cheap, but reliable, used car that isn't a gas guzzler. So, we are down to my trusty 2007 Jeep Commander. Okay, so it may not be so trusty. It broke down in the Target parking lot back in June and had to be towed. We have had a variety of problems with it. Well, on Friday afternoon we were on our way camping (yes, I know that we camp more than anyone, but we love it). We stopped by Wal-Mart to pick up some last minute grocery items with the pop-up camper in tow. When we finished shopping, we loaded up the car in the parking lot, and hopped in. We were planning to run by the house, load up the dogs, and the last of our bags, and be on our way to the Lake for a relaxing weekend of camping. It didn't exactly happen that way. We got in the car and once again.....it would not crank! We had to have my car towed AGAIN. We were in the Wal-Mart parking lot with my car being loaded onto a tow truck, and the camper sitting alone in the parking lot. So there we were, with all of our bags and groceries sitting in the parking lot next to our pop-up camper (which was no longer attached to my Jeep, because it was on its way to the shop to get fixed AGAIN!) This would not have been that big of a deal, IF we had not just gotten rid of Matt's truck! I was seriously about to have a mental breakdown in the middle of the parking lot. I don't know how much more crummy luck I can handle! Well, luckily my mom doesn't work too far away, so she came to our resuce. She gave us her car for the weekend and my brother had to be her chaufer. Hopefully, my car will be fixed (for real this time) tomorrow and she can have her car back. We got to go camping and have our relaxing weekend after all, just a few kinks along the way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor thing! What awful luck! At least you still have the camper (cute)....Maybe you should look into investing into a horse and buggy. You don't have to worry about the cost of gas, miles per gallon, or wondering if it will break down....Hey, maybe we'll look into getting one as well. It would be a whole lot easier :)