Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Family Camp Out 2008

Many, many years ago, we started having a "Family Camp Out" with all of my moms' siblings and their children (my aunts, uncles, and cousins). This year was no different. We had our "Family Camp Out 2008" at Shoal Creek Campground on Lake Lanier this Labor Day weekend. We had a great turn out this year, there were around 25 people there the entire weekend. It is always so much fun to together with everyone!!! We see each other several times during the year, but this is always the most fun and relaxing to me. Mom booked the group site at the campground, so we had a HUGE place all to ourselves.

During the day, everyone kind of did their own thing. We took our boat, so we took several people out for a ride and went out later for a swim in the lake to cool off.
The boat ride was really smooth on the way up to Browns Bridge. I was actually surprised at how few people were out. On the way back was a different story! It was one of the roughest rides I have ever been on. Our heads were pounding by the time we got back to the campground. I have a massive brusie on my elbow from hitting it on the side of the boat so many times. Once we got back, getting out of the boat was more difficult for some than others......Kerri took quite the fall as her tennis shoe sunk completely in the mud as she jumped out of the boat. I guess it was one of those things that you had to be there, but it was hilarious!


The kids entertained themselves most of the weekend by riding their bikes and scooters, playing Checkers, Battleship, horseshoes, badmitten, basketball, and coloring. They were constantly on the move! It was so much fun watching them all play together!
At night, we all had fun playing a good old fashion game of BINGO!! To make it a little more interesting, we added a small fee to the cost of a card and the winner got the JACKPOT! (I won twice!) We also played Win, Lose, Or Draw on our last night.



Harley and Tiger always go camping with us! They are always exhausted by the end of the trip! They will be recovering from this weekend for the next week!

1 comment:

Hildreth Family said...

Great Pictures Kim! I'll have to get some of those from you for my books. I didn't get many great ones, guess I was too busy digging my shoe out of the sand or trying to figure out where Karson was :) Have a great week! Love you!

-Kerri