Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

To be totally honest, I have dreaded Father's Day every year since my dad passed away.  It is just one of those days when you are constantly reminded that you don't have a dad to celebrate the day with.  However, this year was a different story!  I now have a "Father" in my life to celebrate on this day!  I've been planning my Father's Day celebration for Matt for several weeks.  It worked out perfectly that he had to work at the fire station on Saturday, so I had the whole day to get things ready! Here are a few pictures from our Father's Day celebration.

 We made Matt a basket full of his favorite things.


   If you can't read the poem it says:

My Daddy is a fireman.  
He works night and day, in a very special firehouse, not too far away.
He crawls down halls and knocks down walls in buildings old and new.  
To save people's lives and their belongings too.
He doesn't mind the summer sun, or winter's bitter cold, because it's a firemans job to be so very bold.
I hope dear God, your're watching, be it tweleve, six, or three, or whenever my daddy is working
Lord bring him home to me!

Is that not the sweetest poem/prayer???  I LOVE IT!




Matt got home from work this morning and he opened his gifts!

 Big girl Raegan sitting up and watching Daddy open his gifts.

Love watching the two of them together!!!





The picture hanging in Raegan's room!  It's perfect!

1 comment:

Josh and Donna said...

that's so sweet! love all of the effort you put into the special day and i'm glad this was a new start to your daddy's day celebrations. hugs!