Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Goats and Christmas Parties

Who da thunk it?? These goats actually live on the roof of this store appropriately named "Goats Of The Roof." The store/tourist attraction is in Tiger, Georgia. Matt and I headed up to the Christmas Party at Uncle Ray's and Aunt Martha's house early on Saturday just so we would have time to stop by and feed the goals. For the small price of $0.25 you can make these goats day by sending some feed up to them. I was absolutely entertained for a really long time watching the goats on the roof! They have a huge playground, several bridges, and 3 houses! If you are ever up that way, you need to be sure to stop by and feed them!

After we finished hanging out with the goats, we headed on up the mountain into Clayton for the Christmas party. Aunt Martha and Uncle Ray have a breathtaking view from every part of their new home! Here is the waterfall that you see just as you turn into their neighborhood. If you haven't noticed from all of my previous posts, my family is VERY close. We get together numerous time throughout the year. When we are all together, there is probably close to 50 of us (that's just grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins on my mom's side of the family). The Christmas Party at Martha and Ray's is one of my favorite family get togethers.





Every year we have a Christmas ornament exchange at this party. Three years ago, the family got together for the party the day after Matt and I's wedding. They all brought an extra Christmas ornament for us so our "first Christmas tree" wouldn't be bare. I've got such a thoughtful family! This year, Martha switched things up and did a "Something you don't want anymore" gift exhange. There were lots of creative gifts brought. Matt and I came home with 3 very lovely silk ties and a cork board that looks like a mitten. They are both very nice!










Here is Kale with his gift from the party. He opened his gift to find a cute purse with Santa on it! Mom, I think I know what you may be getting for Christmas!


Martha and Ray, Thanks for hosting another wonderful Christmas party! I think we broke your house in pretty good for you!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun tradition....I LOVE the idea of regifting!!

Josh and Donna said...

fun goat on the roof!